Who's who? (the introductions thread)

Just like hanging out with your mates in the cafe! General chit-chat about anything and everything. Please keep the tech talk in the appropriate sections below.
Richard Olpin
Site Admin
Distinctions: LRPS

Who's who? (the introductions thread)

Postby Richard Olpin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:01 pm

As we've got a bunch of people on here that don't all know each other yet it might be nice if you guys posted a quick intro in here so that everyone know's who's who and who does what.

Richard Olpin
Site Admin
Distinctions: LRPS

Re: Who's who? (the introductions thread)

Postby Richard Olpin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:30 pm

Right, I'll go first then eh?

Rich Olpin, usually known online as RiK which is pretty much the only nick I've had since way back at college.

Was a software engineer for years, gave it all up following a near death experience which changed my outlook on life somewhat and decided to turn my then hobby of martial arts into a full time thing. Blessed with the luxury of a reasonable income and a lot of spare time I decided to see if I couldn't tap into a bit of my old man's side of the DNA pool and bought myself a decent digital SLR last year and been noodling with varying success ever since.

Used to do a fair bit of music back in the dim & distant past too but not so much these days. Similarly with the bedroom coding, having left the 'will code for food' days way behind I do occasionally get the urge to make something silly though I usually get bored and give up when I have to stop typing and start drawing things! Hmm, that's a point, I think I'll add a 'Code Junkies' forum too :)

Stuart

Postby Stuart » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:22 pm

Hello!

Erm, yep I'm Stu, Guitar teacher: http://www.stuarthallguitartutor.co.uk

I started taking pictures as an excuse to get out the house with Rich for some 'bloke time'!

After a few trips out I started to actually enjoy the photography process beyond the 'getting out the house' element so started to upgrade my starter kit - Sony A200 with kit lenses - to better lenses and most recently to the Sony mothership A900.

So yeah, that's me!

:)

MarkHB

Postby MarkHB » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:30 pm

Hallo, I'm Mark :)

I didn't require a near-death experience to ditch my planned career (physics) for something I love (3D animation and visual effects) - I just needed to realise I was really bored. Fortunately, this happenned early.

I like games, curry, booze, art, choonz, books and Fun.

*offers his tin of Altoids around*

Kor

Postby Kor » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:48 pm

Gwarn then. Since there's someone on the forum I don't think I've met :D

Me name's Gareth, I'm a mate of Rik's from such real-life highlights as Retrovision, bender weekends in Wales and various travelling meet ups

Work wise, I'm currently making Crackdown 2 up in Dundee, with Ruffian Games.

I'm single (again) so I've got a lot more time on my hands. I've set myself the goal of squeezing some tunes out of Logic and trying to get good enough to get a label release within the next 12 months. I've been DJing for about 15 years, run a pretty good podcast and regularly feature on the big 3 internet radio stations, so this is sort of the missing link, really. Remains to be seen if I've got the musical nouse to pull this off though ;)

I take photos, but I'm a pub based point and clicker. Hoping to learn some stuff off you boys, though :D

Nutty

Postby Nutty » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:23 pm

I may as well go then.

I'm Richard, tho everyone calls me Nutty.
Been a games coder for just over a decade now. Gaz Liddon used to be my boss, which is how I got introduced to Kor, Rik etc..

Loved Trance music ever since I got into music really, slowly trying to learn to dj, tho PC based shenanigans soo far.
Also trying to learn more photography stuff since getting an SLR. Pretty much got all the technical know-how now, just need some artistic talent togo with it ;)

spotter

Postby spotter » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:58 am

Hi I'm Simon.

I'm a Photographer in Dursley. I have the missfortune of knowing RiK in RL.
My main business sector is virtual tour photography for the web.

I used to have a life, but found that it was over rated. Now I have grandchildren, they are much more fun.

I do answer to Spotter.

Return to “Chat!”